100% Cotton Black Printed Floral Dress from India, "Black Impressions"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Elegant black motifs against a white body distinguish this sundress by India's Shashi Sehgal, who works with her family to create elegant pieces of attire like this. The slender straps are adjustable for the perfect fit, and the bottom hem features a discreetly flirty ruffle. Made from cool 100% cotton, the dress makes for a trendy companion wherever it goes.
- 0.13 kgs
- 0.3 lbs
- Garment Measurements
- 107.4 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 128 cm Bust/chest
- 42" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 50" Bust/chest
- 105.4 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 119.4 cm Bust
- 42" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 47" Bust
- 101.6 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 94 cm Bust
- 40" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 37" Bust
- 104.1 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 109.2 cm Bust
- 41" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 43" Bust
- View size chart
Shakti, the Hindu feminine force of life, has driven Shashi all her life. For over 25 years she has dedicated herself to Indian design, turning a one-woman project into a successful apparel and home furnishings workshop. She employs women, mostly. She is a financial supporter of numerous NGOs dedicated to improving the lives of girls and women.
Shashi fought hard to escape the bonds of a patriarchal society and founded her own fashion workshop in the early nineties. To help other women achieve their goals she proudly finances the education of numerous girls through her support of NGOs.
Shashi's work is often featured in fashion magazines. Her project continues to grow, enabling her to offer work to more women each year.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Shashi Sehgal has received a $150 microcredit loan with 0% interest.