Braided Nylon Necklace with Buddha and Multi-gemstone Charms, "Meditation in Aquamarine"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Dainty charms dangle from an aqua-hued necklace crafted from hand-braided nylon thread. Ketut Sulastri of Bali presents this stunning necklace featuring a sterling silver charm in the shape of a sitting Buddha dangling alongside a gemstone trio of radiant carnelian, translucent purple amethyst, and silvery white cultured pearl.
- 5 grams
- 0.18 oz
- Cord Length: 93 cm L
- Cord Length: 37" L
- Cord Width: 1 mm
- Cord Width: 1 mm
- Silver Charm: 2.3 cm L x 1.6 cm W x 0.2 cm D
- Silver Charm: 0.9" L x 0.6" W x 0.1" D
- Gem Pendant: 2 cm L x 0.8 cm W x 0.5 cm D
- Gem Pendant: 0.8" L x 0.3" W x 0.2" D
- 925 sterling silver, carnelian, amethyst, cultured freshwater pearl, nylon
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Combination finish
- Gemstone may have inclusions; this is normal and does not indicate a defect
- Free Jewelry Packaging? Yes
- Premium Jewelry Gift Box? Yes
- Made in Indonesia.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Bali and Java
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Ketut Sulastri's jewelry incorporates traditional Balinese jewelry designs and contemporary trends. She happily teaches silversmithing to her assistants, and others interested in learning the art, but finds that many younger artisans are more interested in braiding, macrame and non-traditional techniques.
Ketut Sulastri began to work with silver at the age of eight. Her family was poor and they needed the money for food. She also used her income from silversmithing to pay her school fees. Today she has her own workshop and is very happy to provide work for other women in her community.
Ketut Sulastri's Novica sales account for over 50% of her income. They not only bring stability to her workshop, but they enable her to employ assistants and give work to other women in her community.
Sulastri does not have children of her own but she provides for the care of her nieces and nephews.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.