Handcrafted Wood 18 Inch Djembe Drum from West Africa, "Kente Melody"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Handmade from native tweneboah wood, this stunning drum is crated by George Akologo who is inspired by traditional Ghanaian music in his crafts. The artisan uses an intricate process in the creation of this decorative instrument, which involves days of sanding, dyeing, polishing, and drying. The top of the drum features goatskin that has been stretched to produce a good sound. Black twine and multi-colored kente cloth decorate the sides of the drum, giving it an attractive appearance. Djembe drums originated in Senegal and Mali. Djem refers to the tree from which the drum's wood comes, while be means "goat," alluding to the goatskin that serves as the instrument's playing surface. Kente cloth is a fabric made of interwoven cloth strips, and is native to the Akan ethnic group of South Ghana.
- 3.10 kgs
- 6.8 lbs
- 46 cm H x 27 cm Diam.
- 18" H x 10.75" Diam.
- Tweneboah wood, goat skin, twine, kente cloth
- Wood grain and color can vary slightly
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Instrument Rating: Intermediate, intended for a more advanced player
- Clean with a soft, dry cloth
- Made in Ghana.
- Certified and shipped by our office in West Africa