Handwoven Cotton Hammock Swing from Nicaragua, "Celebration and Relaxation"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
Mirna Hernandez of Nicaragua develops the traditional shape of a hammock into a comfortable swing chair that hangs from a guacimo wood rod. Handwoven of sturdy cotton rope, the cozy swing features stripes of poppy, navy, and eggshell, colors that are inspired by the Fourth of July. It arrives with a handy storage and travel bag.
- 2.00 kgs
- 4.4 lbs
- Hammock swing: 114.78 cm H x 99.06 cm W x 88.9 cm D
- Hammock swing: 45" H x 39" W x 35" D
- Bag: 106.88 cm H x 12 cm Diam.
- Bag: 42" H x 4.7" Diam.
- 100% cotton, guacimo wood stretchers, brass S-hook; cotton bag
- Hand wash in cold water
- Holds up to 200 lbs.
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Not weather resistant
- Free Gift Wrap? No
- Premium Gift Wrap? No
- Made in Nicaragua.
- Certified and shipped by our office in Central America
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
Mirna Hernandez has received 4 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $500 and the most recent for $400.