Jersey knit dress, "New Denpasar Ebony"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 6 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 6 weeks. Read more
By Desak Nyoman Parwati, this short, chic dress features tank top styling in front, but the back rises to form a stand-up collar. It is crafted of a sleek rayon-Lycra blend jersey. Bold black is a classic.
- 0.20 kgs
- 0.4 lbs
- Garment Measurements
- 94 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 99.1 cm Bust x 111.8 cm Hips
- 37" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 39" Bust x 44" Hips
- 94 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 91.4 cm Bust x 104.1 cm Hips
- 37" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 36" Bust x 41" Hips
- 91.4 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 81.3 cm Bust x 94 cm Hips
- 36" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 32" Bust x 37" Hips
- 91.44 cm Length (from high-point shoulder) x 86.36 cm Bust x 99.06 cm Hips
- 36" Length (from high-point shoulder) x 34" Bust x 39" Hips
- View size chart
For eleven years Desak worked with a batik artisan learning all aspects of the process, from wax painting to dyeing. From her, she learned not only the art of batik and textile design but also how to care for her workers. In her workshop, Desak and the older artisans generously teach their art to the younger artisans, preserving for another generation this UNESCO cultural treasure.
Desak Nyoman Parwati has received 3 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $2800 and the most recent for $4000. Proceeds were used to invest in the purchase of textiles and batik dyes to increase production in time for the holiday season.
Through perseverance, Desak has grown her workshop. She now employs members of her family and give jobs to other artisans in her community.
The Women's Empowerment badge is awarded to female artisans or artisan groups that are led by women.
Desak works hard to care for her three children and does all she can to give them a better life.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.
Desak provides for the education of her three children.