Multicolor Cotton Batik Patterned Backpack from Ghana, "Krokrobite"
This item is available for backorder and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
This item is available for pre-order and will ship within 2 to 8 weeks. Read more
From Ghanaian artisan Abdulai Osman Adam comes this delightful, multicolored backpack. The batik-dyed backpack features a side pocket, multiple zippered compartments, adjustable shoulder straps, and waist straps for added support. The artisan names the bag Krokrobite, which is the name of a town in Ghana.
- 0.54 kgs
- 1.2 lbs
- Backpack: 43 cm H x 31 cm W x 14 cm D
- Backpack: 17" H x 12.25" W x 5.5" D
- Shoulder straps: 19 cm min L - x 38 cm max L x 10 cm W
- Shoulder straps: 7.5" min L - x 15" max L x 3.9" W
- Waist straps: 20 cm min L - x 40 cm max L x 9 cm W
- Waist straps: 7.75" min L - x 15.75" max L x 3.5" W
This artist uses traditional techniques handed down through the generations and/or creates culturally significant items, helping keep these traditions alive.
Abdulai Osman Adam has received 5 microcredit loans with 0% interest from Kiva and Novica, the first for $300 and the most recent for $600.
This artist positively impacts their community through job creation and provides jobs for 2 or more people.
Every purchase from this artist has a profound impact on their livelihood and income.
This artist has dramatically improved their livelihood by working with NOVICA.